A Housewarming Party

November 19, 2021

 


Hello everyone and welcome to my brand new blog!! 

To any newcomers, a very warm welcome to you!! My name is Catherine, and I am a writer and an ever experimenting disciple of femininity. 

To all of my followers from my old blog, hello again!! How do you like the new space? TBH, it kinda feels like how my room was changed after Operation Vintage Makeover - it's weird to have this blog be a lot more grown-uppish, but I really love it! 

I'm so glad to have you all here! Now, normally, the first post of a new blog is devoted to the goals of the blog and introducing the blogger. But frankly, that is a really boring approach. And my blogging lately has been...really boring lately. Besides, there are two pages in the "About" tab in the upper taskbar that will satisfy any curious little personage. 

So, I'd like to get the party started...with a game! 

It's a Choose-Your-Adventure kind of game, with a housewarming theme to it. I'm highly curious as to what your answers will be, so please share them in the comment box below! 

1. While in the midst of running errands, a calendar notification reminds you of the upcoming party! According to your first initial, what housewarming gift would you be shopping for? 


A-E = Kitchen thingamajig

F-J = A bottle of bubbly 

K-O = A brand new addition for the library

P-T = Yet another green thing to kill, plant

U-Z = A weird, interesting piece of decor


2. You are staring into your closet, figuring out what to wear for the party tonight. According to your favorite hobby, what clothing item or accessory would you be pulling out? 

Knitting = scarf

Crochet = hat

Sewing = dress 

Reading = hoodie 

Embroidery = blouse

Cooking/Baking = skirt

Photography = sneakers

Gardening = boots 

Crafting = fuzzy socks

Music = headband


3. And now you are all ready to go...except a dish for the potluck! According to how long you've had your blog (or Insta, or other social media), what food would you be bringing to the party? 

0-1 years = Chips or pretzels (typical millennial...)

1-2 years = Cookies or brownies 

2-3 years = Pasta Salad or Veggie Salad

3-4 years = Casserole or Baked Potatoes

5+ years = Entree dish


4. You get to the party and no one can agree on a game to play. According to your favorite music genre, what is the suggestion you blurt out? 

Country/Bluegrass = Charades

Classical/Opera = A sedate little card game...like whist. 

Pop/Rock = Twister!

Christian/Gregorian Chant = Never Have I Ever

Jazz/Indie = Pictionary


And that's the end! Thank you all for coming to this "housewarming" party and I hope to see you all soon! 

Blessings, 

Catherine

p.s. if you have any suggestions for posts, I'd love to hear them! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. *shows up ringing the doorbell in a hoodie with a covered dish and a brand new book looking forward to a good game of Twister*

    ACK CATHERINE YOUR NEW BLOG IS SO PRETTY I LOVE IT! Here's to many years of Femininity from Scratch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not see this?! This is so cute! A belated congratulations on your new blog!! (But how are there years of old posts in the archives?)

    I am tardy in customary H family fashion! Apologies! I'm trying to balance a potted plant which would fare no better under my own brown thumb. I can't pick just one hobby so my fit includes a hoodie, scarf, and headband; the headband being my signature look. The entree balancing in my other arm shall be my best recipe I know how to make, crockpot Italian roast beef sandwiches. Finally, I'll do my best to come up with interesting facts in Never Have I Ever. XD

    I can't wait to catch up on what I've missed here and also can't wait for more of your wonderful content! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Send Me a Message!

Name

Email *

Message *