A Fitting Patroness - St. Elizabeth of Hungary

November 19, 2021

 


Hello again! 

Firstly, I must say....thank God for Catholic Instagram. I've only been active on Instagram for little over a year, but my eyes have been opened so many times to truths and practices that I so desperately have needed. And today is no exception. 

For today, I was reminded by one of my Instagram buddies that today is the feast day of St. Elizabeth of Hungary. 

Now many people would correct me in saying that her feast day is on November 17th, not the 19th. And it is true that most of the Church does celebrate it on that date. However, the actual date of her death is the 19th and in fact, her feast day is listed as the 19th as late as the Missal of 1962. As a traditionalist, therefore, I will adhere to the old calendar. 

I have wondered in the past why I had chosen such an odd date to start my blog (please see previous post). But I should have known better to assume that God deals with pure coincidences. My solutions to all my blogging problems, right under my stupid, stubborn nose. 

I am ashamed to admit that, in my worldly pursuits, that I have neglected the spiritual aspects of my blogging adventures. In all the five years that I have had a blog devoted to femininity, I have missed out on the patronage of such a worthy and befitting saint.


"The Charity of St. Elizabeth of Hungary" by Edmund Leighton

Why is she so befitting? 

Well, firstly, she is one of the many female saints that is both a wife/mother and a religious. She embodied Proverbs 31 so perfectly in both material and spiritual means. She is such a good example of feminine virtue and Christian sacrifice. 

She is what I strive to be. 

And so, on this feast day and this blogoversary, I will do what I should have done years ago - give the patronage of this blog and its future endeavors to St. Elizabeth of Hungary. For I'm sure that with her help, this blog will be a much better one than its predecessor. 


St. Elizabeth of Hungary, pray for us! 

Blessings to you all, 

Catherine


P.S. Now the roses, the bread favicon and the pink all make sense. *laughs* 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Aw I love St. Elizabeth of Hungary so much! What a fitting patroness indeed!

    (Also St. Elizabeth of Portugal, who's very similar to her in a lot of ways. In fact, I may or may not have read most of this post with Elizabeth of Portugal in mind and only registered the "Hungary" at the lovely artwork. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. St Elizbeth of Hungary is my patron saint!! I think she makes a great patron for your blog:-) How are you doing?
    I look forward to reading your posts, and again, I love the name.
    How is the podcast coming?
    God bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Send Me a Message!

Name

Email *

Message *